Can you believe we’re just a few days away from welcoming a brand-new month? It feels as though it were yesterday that I was just writing about things to do before summer ends. If time has flown by for you as quick as it has for me, there are probably still a few things you want to check off your summer to-do list.
We have until September 22nd before fall arrives, so let’s take advantage of that warm summer weather before we start bundling up for cozy season. Whether you have one day or a weekend to spare, want to spend it with friends or alone, there’s something here for everyone. Here are 5 activities to add to your end of summer bucket list.
1) Soak up the Sun Nothing beats spending time outdoors. If you’re feeling social, invite some friends to join you for an outdoor picnic, day at the pool, or go biking. If you’re craving some time alone to reset, connect with nature by going for a walk, reading a book outside, or enjoying a cup of coffee and a podcast on a patio.
2) Try a New Restaurant Let’s take advantage of the beautiful weather while we can. Put on your best outfit and venture out into a new part of the city and try a new restaurant. It’s always an exciting experience to try something new. You’re bound to discover some new foods and perhaps even find your new favorite spot.
3) Go on a Day Trip Have you gone on a road trip this summer? If not, I suggest planning a day trip. Day trips give you and your loved ones the opportunity to get out of the city without worrying about time constraints. I tend to do at least two road trips during the summer, one long trip and one day trip. I’m crossing my fingers for another one in the next few weeks.
4) Local Day Trip If you’re not up for a road trip, try taking a trip within the city. There’s so much to discover locally, whether it’s educational activities such as spending a day at the museum, library, or zoo. Or activities that’ll ensure you’re getting your daily steps in, such as playing soccer at the park, going to an outdoor pool, or playing frisbee with your furry friend.
5) Outdoor Movies Outdoor movies are new to my city, especially drive-in theaters, and it’s something I’ve always wanted to experience. There are also movie screenings at our local parks that are free admission! Gather your coziest pillows, blankets, and snacks and enjoy your favorite films with the top down.
How has your summer been so far? Are there any activities here that you’ve checked off your list already or would like to before summer ends? Let me know! I’d love to hear your thoughts. For more posts with summer activities, visit my tag here.