Do you find time during the week to indulge in self-care? If you answered no, I’ve got 7 easy activities you can try this week. Self-care activities don’t need to be extravagant, time consuming, or cost a lot of money. Sure, a weekend getaway or trip to the spa sounds fantastic, but there are other activities that are more feasible and realistic to incorporate into our routines. Self-care activities can be something as simple as reading a book and decompressing for 15 minutes.
We always prioritize work, tasks, and taking care of others, but when we don’t prioritize ourselves it can leave us feeling burnt out. One of my favorite sayings is “You can’t pour from an empty glass.” No matter what your schedule may look like, it’s important to carve some time for self-care activities. Here are 7 self-care activities you can do this week.
1) Walk to a nearby café or bakery and treat yourself. This gives you a chance to get some exercise, soak up the sunshine, and indulge in some delicious treats. Heading out for coffee is one of my favorite things to do. It’s such a simple activity, yet it brings me so much joy because it’s “me” time.
2) If you’ve been struggling with sleep, try treating yourself to new pair of comfy pajamas or calming bath products such as bath bombs, Epsom salts, or essential oils. Epsom salts are great for soothing sore muscles and relieving tension, while essential oils such as lavender promotes rest and relaxation.
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.anne lamott.
3) Turn your phone off for 30 minutes to an hour each night to disconnect. We spend so much time in front of our devices, both for professional and personal purposes. It’s time to create a routine where we can put our screens down and focus on activities that don’t involve wi-fi. Enjoy your quiet time without distracting phone calls, emails, or texts. Light a candle, turn on some relaxing music, and enjoy a good book. If you’d like some recommendations, visit my book tag here.
4) See what shows and movies are new on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Disney+. Nothing beats discovering a good movie or a new binge worthy show. I just finished watching “Only Murders in the Building.” If you’re a fan of true crime and mysteries, I highly recommend it! I’m always looking for recommendations so if you have some suggestions, let me know in the comments!
Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.hermann hesse.
5) How often do you organize and clean out your purse/bag? It’s the one item we carry that gets cluttered quickly with receipts, masks, and other items we pick up along the way. Take 15 minutes to clean out and sort through your purse/bag. You’ll be glad you did the next time you head out!
6) Try a full spa-inspired treatment at home. Indulge in a revitalizing face mask, moisturizing hair mask, and dry brush your entire body for smoother and healthier looking skin. Dry brushing is a great way eco-friendly to exfoliate your skin without the use of microplastics, it also promotes circulation!
7) Redecorate or rearrange an area in your home so it’s more functional. If you have a dedicated workspace, perhaps look for some new art or décor pieces that bring you joy to add into your space. Now that spring is upon us, it’s time to get creative with some colors. Visit my latest post for some inspiration on spring decor here.
I hope this post inspires you to prioritize and incorporate some self-care activities into your routine. If you already have a self-care routine, what are some activities you like to indulge in? Are there any activities from this list that you’d like to try? I’d love to hear about your routine. For more posts on wellness, visit my tag here.