Do you need some ideas for what to do this Mother’s Day? Are you looking for meaningful ways to make this day extra special beyond gifting a traditional card and bouquet of flowers? If so, I’ve got 5 meaningful activities for you to consider.
Mother’s Day is all about love and appreciation. What better way to express that love by trying something new for the first time? Or enjoying moments that bring back nostalgic memories? Whether you’d prefer to spend the day indoors or be adventurous and try something new, there’s an activity here for everyone. Here are 5 meaningful activities to enjoy this Mother’s Day.
1) Spend time outdoors. I’m sure many of us have been feeling cooped up, so spending time outdoors is a no brainer. There’s so much to explore in your own city. Whether it’s discovering a new part of your neighborhood, visiting a new park, or even trying out a new restaurant. Nothing’s better than spending quality time with the ones you love while stepping out of your comfort zone to experience something new together.
2) Sign up for a local event. Have you signed up for a local event before? If not, give it a try! The most popular events for Mother’s Day are brunch and high tea. Some unique activities that I’ve come across include paint night, a yoga and meditation class, and a food and drink class that includes building your own charcuterie board!
3) Retail therapy. If you’re looking for an activity that’s lowkey yet enjoyable, spend the day with mom doing some retail therapy. You can’t go wrong with a day at the mall. Get inspired by the beautiful colors of spring and perhaps treat her to a new spring wardrobe. Maybe she’s got a trip to look forward to this summer, and if not, you can still pick out outfits to enjoy around town. Not only are you spending quality time together, but you’re also getting some good exercise!
4) Staying in. There’s nothing wrong with staying in on Mother’s Day because there are so many indoor activities you can both enjoy. Try a new recipe, recreate an old favorite, or place an order for take-out. You can spend the day enjoying your favorite drinks in the backyard, watching her favorite movies, pampering her with a manicure, pedicure, or facial. If you prefer some quiet activities, you can both play some board games, work on a puzzle together, or paint.
5) Scrapbooking. If you and your mom like to get creative, I suggest scrapbooking. This is a great activity that you can do from the comfort of your own home or outdoors on your patio or at a local park. Gather your scrapbooking supplies such as washi tape, stickers, and scrap paper. I suggest using old photos and creating a page dedicated to your mom. It’s a fun activity that’s also very nostalgic. What’s better than looking back fondly on old memories and sharing some laughs? You can even frame your creation and gift it to her at the end!
What are some meaningful activities you’d like to add to this list? I’d love to hear your suggestions. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to visit my travel tag for more activities you can enjoy with your loved ones. I wish you and your mom a wonderful Mother’s Day filled with love and joy. For those who have lost their mothers, I send my love and deepest condolences. Mother’s Day can be a very painful day and I hope you find time take care of yourself, surround yourself with friends and loved ones, and perhaps create a tribute to honour her memory.