We are almost one week into August, and there’s still so much I want to experience this summer. Since our plans were derailed last year, many of us are trying to find ways to enjoy our activities while following restrictions and staying safe. I’ve created a simple list including things that you can do both indoors and outdoors safely. Here are 5 activities that you can participate in before summer comes to an end.
1) Enjoy a Staycation. Book a hotel or an Airbnb in your city. You may choose an area that you’re already familiar with or pick a new neighborhood to explore. This gives you a change of scenery and a break from things that are all too familiar. This a great option for cities that are still facing restrictions. Don’t forget to take advantage of their amenities such as using their fluffy robes, getting in some light exercise at the gym, and taking a dip in the pool. If you’re looking for more ways to relax, indulge yourself with a day at the spa.
2) Visit a National Park. Sightseeing and hiking with good company are things that make my summer memorable. Consider driving out to a national park and enjoying some fresh air, taking in the beautiful scenery, and spending time with nature. We’ve been spending a lot more time in front of our screens due to the pandemic and it’s time to reconnect with nature. Before you head out, be sure to check out my post on what to keep in your car in case of emergencies here.
3) Go Berry Picking. Berry picking is such a fun activity to do with your friends and family. Each summer I’d take a road trip to British Columbia and visit their berry picking farms. For a small fee, you can enter these farms and pick berries that are currently in season. Not only are you creating memories and soaking up the summer sun, but you’ll have fresh and delicious berries for baking pies and making smoothies!
4) Visit a Local Park. There are some great parks in my city that are popular for picnics, boating, and barbeques. They’re incredibly spacious which makes it very easy to stay socially distanced from others. There are also firepits that help keep the bugs away and are great for smores! Do some research around local parks and you may find a new spot that’ll become your favorite for many summers to come!
5) Work on Home Improvement. Is there a room in your home that you’ve always wanted to revamp? Take on the challenge this summer! Whether it’s choosing a new paint color for your walls, redoing the floors, or simply just redecorating, use your time to design and create a space that makes you happy.
Have you checked these activities off already? What are some things you’re looking forward to before summer ends? Share your thoughts below! For more posts relating to travel, visit my tag here.