We have all had days where we’ve struggled to find motivation. When we are in this mindset, it can often be difficult to come out of. Whether finding motivation is something that happens on rare occasions or it’s something you struggle with periodically, rest assured that there are plenty of resolutions.
Some of these resolutions include creating a visual of your goals such as a vision board amongst many others that will be discussed in this post. If you need an extra boost of motivation to get started on your personal or professional goals, you’ve come to the right place! I’m confident these steps below will bring you one step closer towards healthier habits. Here are 7 tips to help you find motivation.
1) Identify Your Goals What would you like to achieve? Be specific! Your goals can be anything from waking up earlier, exercising regularly, to something bigger such as starting a new business in 6 months.
2) Baby Steps Embarking on a new journey is exciting, which is why it can be easy to get ahead of ourselves. It’s important to be realistic and understand that change does not happen overnight. Make small changes each day and celebrate that you are one step closer to your goals than you were yesterday.
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.earl nightingale.
3) Create a Vision Board It’s great having our goals written down on paper, but it’s even better to have a visual reminder each day. No matter what obstacles you may face along the way, vision boards are there to remind you of why you started in the first place. Vision boards provide that extra boost of inspiration and motivation when times get tough.
4) Review Your Progress In order to identify what has been working and what hasn’t, it’s important review your progress. Check in with yourself regularly to identify which areas you may need to attend to.
If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.wayne dyer.
5) Positive People Surround yourself with like-minded and positive individuals. It can be difficult to grow and change old habits if the company that you keep is constantly focused on the negative. Change is difficult as it is, and it never feels good to be reminded by others of your setbacks or why you can’t achieve your goals.
6) Celebrate Your Wins Celebrate your wins, no matter how small! These wins are leading you towards achieving your main/larger goals and they should not be overlooked. You deserve to feel proud and a sense of accomplishment each time you take a step in the right direction. Our wins show us progress and give us a boost of motivation to continue along on our journey. So celebrate and reward yourself!
The hard days are what make you stronger.Aly Raisman.
7) Be Kind to Yourself When you are working on breaking certain habits and creating positive change, there are bound to be bumps along the way. These setbacks can be discouraging but it’s important to be gentle with yourself. Rather than telling yourself “I’ll never be able to do this” try saying “I am capable of achieving anything I put my mind to.” Remind yourself of your wins, take a look at your vision board, and remind yourself of all of the progress that you’ve made.
Do you struggle with finding motivation? If so, how do you come out of it? For those who don’t, what are some things that help you stay motivated? If you are currently having challenges finding motivation, I hope this post was helpful and gives you some things to reflect on. For more posts relating to productivity and wellness, visit the underlined links!