Are you looking for new ways to freshen up your blog? Perhaps you want to try a different color scheme or maybe you’ve been eyeing a new theme. If this sounds like you, I have 6 great ideas that you can utilize today! Freshening up your blog can include making minor changes such as images and colors, to technical changes like editing and updating old blog posts to bring in more traffic and boost your SEO.
Getting in touch with your creative side is one of the most rewarding aspects about blogging. You’re able to express yourself not just through your writing and experiences, but also through your theme, the colors, and photos you use. So have some fun, try something new, and show off your unique style! Here are 6 things you can do to freshen up your blog today.
1) New titles. When I first started blogging, I was using Blogspot. At the time, I didn’t have much knowledge regarding using certain keywords for better search engine optimization. Now that I have more experience and have switched to WordPress, I have access to plugins that help me with SEO tips. Bring attention and traffic to older posts by creating new interesting and eye-catching titles.
2) Edit old posts. Much like creating a great title to bring in new readers, some of our older posts could use some improvement by adding certain phrases and keywords. If SEO isn’t an issue, you can always look to add new and updated information to an existing post.
3) Add new images. Visuals are an essential part of any blog post. If you come across another image that you find would be more fitting for an older post, change it! If you’re looking for free images, I recommend Ivory Mix. They offer over 550+ free style stock photos and Canva templates for content creators. There’s something here for everyone! In addition, they also have free guides to help you boost your social media presence. Sign up for your free account here.
4) Try a new theme. If you’re looking for a big change, try a new blog theme. You can find beautiful and affordable themes on Etsy. It’s such a rewarding experience to invest in a good theme that fits your style and brand. Changing themes can take a bit of time, so make sure you have the time to commit.
5) Update the colors. If you’re currently using a theme that you love, another great way to freshen things up without too much work is by updating the color scheme. I like searching for color scheme ideas on Google. There are so many beautiful combinations and you’ll be sure to find one that you love. It’s wondrous how much of a difference colors can make!
6) Share on your socials. Now that you’ve freshened up your old posts, it’s time to share them on social media. Social platforms like Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are all great and effective ways to drive traffic to your posts.
If you’ve been meaning to make some changes to your blog, I hope this post serves as inspiration. How do you freshen up your blog? Are there any ideas or suggestions you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to visit my tags blogging and productivity for more!