Welcome to The Winter Wonderland Book Tag! This fun winter-themed post was created by I’m All Booked Up. As they stated in their post, “When the weather outside is frightful, at least our books are delightful.” If you love books too, I encourage you to participate in this tag as well! Before we get started, here are the tag rules.
1) Link back to the book tag creator.
2) Answer all of the questions.
3) Either tag others to join or encourage anyone to participate.
The Winter Wonderland Book Tag
1) Look out the window, it’s snowing! Find a book with snow on the cover.
The Visitor by Sergio Gomez. This story takes place on Christmas during one of the worst snowstorms Indiana has ever seen. Gomez did a wonderful job capturing the elements and harsh conditions. From the icy roads to the never-ending snowfall, it was all very vivid.
RELATED POST: The Visitor by Sergio Gomez
2) The fire is roaring in the fireplace. Pick a cozy read to enjoy by the warmth of the fire.
Five Survive by Holly Jackson. This may not be everyone’s idea of a cozy read, but there’s nothing better than a fast-paced crime thriller that has you on the edge of your seat. Just when you think you have an idea of what’s going on, the author takes the story in a whole new direction.
3) Winter is time for outdoor sports. Find a book that features a winter sport.
One by One by Ruth Ware. This thriller takes place at a beautiful, rustic mountain chalet. When an avalanche hits, it becomes a fight for survival. The characters in this book loved to ski, even in the harshest conditions.
4) Winter means the start of a new year. What is one book that is on your TBR list this year?
FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven. Bockoven combines the two things that I love most, which is horror and theme parks. The publisher describes this book as a modern take on Lord of the Flies meets Battle Royale.
5) If you’re not careful, winter weather fun can cause frostbite. Pick one book that was a major disappointment.
Four Found Dead by Natalie D. Richards. I loved the synopsis for this book, but unfortunately there was no element of surprise or mystery, as everything was unfolded within the first few pages. The writing was repetitive and the characters weren’t memorable.
6) But by going outside, you can find comfort in a warm beverage. What is your go-to comfort book that never fails to cheer you up?
Our Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha. This book is on my TBR list but just from skimming through and reading a few pages, I can already tell that it’s going to be uplifting. With a rating of 4.34 on Goodreads, Our Book of Awesome celebrates the small joys in everyday life, from drinking hot chocolate in a cold arena to stomping on crunchy leaves.
7) Winter comes to an end and spring emerges. Name a book that you want to read before springtime?
The Last Word by Taylor Adams. I really enjoyed No Exit and was so excited to find out that he was releasing another thriller. The Last Word is expected to be published in April 2023, so it’ll be perfect just in time for spring/summer.
RELATED POST: No Exit by Taylor Adams
2) Mind Beauty Simplicity
4) And anyone else who wants to participate!
Thank you to I’m All Booked Up for creating this fun winter-themed post and for including me in the tag! Be sure to visit their post to see what their winter picks are. If you enjoyed this post, I encourage you to participate as well. Be sure to tag the original creator and let me know so I can read your answers! For more posts relating to blogging and fun tags like this, visit my tag here.