It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for… Christmas break is just around the corner and for some of you, it may have already started. It’s time to let go of the to-do lists, emails, and stressors that the holidays can bring. Whether you’re planning on spending the holidays alone or with company, I’ve created a simple list of inexpensive activities that will keep you connected, productive, and occupied. Here are 6 fun activities for Christmas break.
1) Video Chat The holidays are all about connection, so why not get together and video chat with extended family and friends? Whether they live in another part of the city or in another country, it’s a great way to catch up, reconnect, and celebrate the holiday season with one another. If you have family members that don’t know how to use or set up video chat, a phone call is just as special and appreciated during this time of year!
2) New Hobbies Let’s put down our phones and get creative this Christmas break. Take a trip to your local arts and crafts store and pick up some blank canvases and paint supplies. Paint something you love about the holidays. This can be your favorite ornament, a fireplace, or the night sky. It doesn’t have to be perfect, what’s important is that you have fun with it!
Not only are you engaging in a mindful activity, but you’re also in great company! If you’re doing this on your own, listen to some Christmas music or have your favorite Christmas movie playing in the background. It creates a relaxing ambiance that’ll help you get into the holiday spirit.
3) Plan for 2023 If you’re looking for a solo activity this holiday break, why not plan for 2023? It’s the perfect time to reflect on this year’s achievements and create new goals and healthy habits for the new year. You’ll be walking into 2023 with a fresh perspective, motivation, and a clear idea of what you want the new year to represent.
4) Board Game Café Who doesn’t love board/card games? If you’re looking to try something different, or don’t want to spend too much money on a new game, I suggest going to a board game café. There’s bound to be a game that the whole family can enjoy, along with a nice cup of hot cocoa or coffee!
Some places offer a table for an hourly rate, allow you to rent the game if you prefer to play at home, or just require a flat entry fee. From what I’ve gathered, this can range anywhere from $4 – $10 per person. (Check your local board game cafés for pricing details.)
5) Merry Movies The holidays aren’t complete without Christmas movies. Each year, select theatres will play the classics. Some of these may include Home Alone, The Polar Express, Elf, and more. It’s a great activity that the whole family can enjoy. Christmas classics and delicious buttery popcorn? Yes, please! Pricing can range anywhere from $4 – $7 per person depending on the theatre.
6) Local Entertainment There are so many great local events and entertainment to look forward to during the holidays, some of which are free! Whether it’s viewing Christmas lights, enjoying live music, or ice skating outdoors. If you have some extra money to spend, check what Christmas concerts or plays are happening in your area.
How will you be spending your holiday break? Are there any activities on this list that you’re looking forward to trying? I’m excited to hear your thoughts and suggestions. For more exciting activities to enjoy this Christmas, visit my post here. Happy holidays everyone!
RELATED POST: 6 Exciting Activities to Enjoy This Christmas