Are you tired of seeing the same old generic gifts as you shop this holiday season? Make this year extra special by getting in touch with your creative side and personalizing your gifts. Whether it’s a painting, a DIY holiday basket, or a photo book, adding a personal touch to your presents will make them stand out.
Personalizing your gifts this holiday season doesn’t have to be expensive, in fact, it can actually save you some money. Don’t settle for ordinary and expensive gifts that are easily forgotten. Let’s discover ways you can personalize your gifts this year that’ll leave a lasting impression on your loved ones.
1) Customized Prints Make the holidays extra special by sharing the precious memories you’ve made over the years. You can do this by creating a photo book, calendar, mugs, blankets, t-shirts, and even ornaments with custom printing. You can use websites such as Wal-Mart Photo Center, Shutterfly, and Vista Print. Custom printing does take time, so make sure to order as early as possible to receive them on time and to get the best deals possible.
My favorite customized gifts are…
• Photo books
• Canvas prints
2) Holiday Baskets If you love holiday shopping, this one’s for you! Put together your own holiday basket and customize it to each person. You can find everything you need at your local dollar store when it comes to the baskets, chocolates, mugs, cozy socks, and any additional items that’ll make your basket unique to the receiver.
• For the coffee lover… You can include a mug, syrups, coffee beans from their favorite coffee shop, or a gift card.
• For the movie lover… You can include a popcorn bucket, popcorn seasoning, candies, chocolates, a Netflix subscription, or a Cineplex gift card.
• For the book lover… You can include cozy socks, tea bags, a bookmark, a book from their TBR list, or a gift card to their favorite bookstore.
• For the baker… You can include cookie cutters, baking utensils, a cookbook, and a cute, customized baking ornament for their tree.
Tip! If you have gift baskets lying around from previous years, reuse them! For makeup and skincare lovers, consider buying gift sets and break them down and disperse them amongst your baskets. If you have any samples or receive any during your purchase, you can include those in the basket as well!
3) DIY Art Projects There’s nothing more thoughtful than creating and receiving DIY gifts. The possibilities are endless, and it gives you the chance to tap into your creative abilities. Not only will you save money and enjoy some self-care time, but you can also help the environment by upcycling and using most of what you already have.
Here are some ideas…
• Crochet coasters for your friends and family
• Knit a scarf for your friends, family, or a local charity
• Mini canvas painting of a landscape or someone pet(s)
• Make a candle or soap using essential oils with their favorite scent
• Friendship bracelets are all the rage! Customize them to the receiver
I hope this post inspires you to get creative this holiday season. Let this be the year you stand out with your thoughtful and personalized gifts that will be cherished for years to come. Do you have a favorite personalized gift that has stayed with you for years? Let me know! For more posts relating to the holidays, visit my tag here.