Getting a good night’s sleep can be challenging these days. If you are or have struggled with tossing and turning at night, you’ll know the negative effects that lack of sleep can have on your physical and mental health. It’s important to establish a healthy and consistent sleep schedule that gives our bodies a chance to repair and rejuvenate.
Making lifestyle changes such as staying away from caffeine, exercising, creating a consistent bedtime schedule, and reducing screentime before bed are all important things to consider for getting a good night’s rest. However, there are a few things you can incorporate in your routine to help you fall asleep faster.
Top 7 Products for a Better Night’s Sleep
1) Cotton Sheets If there’s one thing I won’t negotiate on when it comes to bedding it is cotton sheets. The breathable fabric keeps you cool, it’s easy to clean, and gets softer overtime. Cotton comes in a wide range of styles, so you can choose how much you’d like to spend. Amazon has a great selection as well as Ikea.
2) Sleep Mask Treat yourself to a luxurious eye mask made from 100% pure mulberry silk. It’s hypoallergenic, free from harmful chemicals, comes in a variety of colors, and is ideal for sensitive skin. The comfortable fit encourages a restful night’s sleep by blocking out external light. Use code HERDIGITALCOFFEE15 for 15% of your order.
3) Lavender Essential Oil Lavender is known for its calming properties, which can help to reduce anxiety, stress, and help with insomnia. Adding a few drops of lavender in your bath water, body lotion, and even in your diffuser can promote a restful night’s sleep.
Did you know? You can create your own DIY lavender linen spray by adding 1 cup of distilled water, 1 cup of witch hazel, and as many drops of lavender as you’d like into a 16 oz reusable glass spray bottle.
4) Cooling Blanket This lightweight cooling blanket is perfect for summer and for hot sleepers. The moisture-wicking fabric prevents the blanket from feeling damp, keeping you cool and comfortable all night long. You can even drape it over your bed and sleep on top of it, for nights where you don’t want to use a blanket. It also keeps pets cool too!
5) Silk Camisole This lavish silk camisole with adjustable straps is made 100% pure mulberry silk. It’s a perfect addition to your sleepwear because it’s comfortable, lightweight, and will keep you cool on hot summer nights. It’s even versatile enough to be worn with any outfit. Use code HERDIGITALCOFFEE15 for 15% of your order.
6) Aromatherapy Diffuser Get a better night’s rest by adding this stylish and compact aromatherapy diffuser in your room. Add a few drops of your of favorite essential oil, and allow the calming scent to fill the air. This diffuser is great for keeping your room cool during the summers, and adds moisture into the air for dry winters.
7) Sleep Magic Podcast This podcast is the newest addition to my evening routine. Each episode is unique and dives into topics such as self-love, releasing worries, and improving our relationship with sleep. The narrator’s voice is so soothing and gentle, it lulls me to a deep sleep every time. It’s free to listen on Apple and Spotify with the exception of a few episodes that are for subscribers only.
In conclusion, a proper night’s rest is essential for our overall health and wellbeing. Investing in your sleep is one of the best investments you can make. I hope you enjoyed my picks. What are some products that help you with getting a good night’s rest? I’d love to know. For more posts relating to wellness, visit my tag here.
RELATED POST: 7 Types of Rest and How to Practice Them Today